1967 7ECA Restoration

Bruce

Did you pick it up in pieces or take it apart? Looks like some fun how old is son, mine is 24 and hoping to see some interest. Have you decided to replace spars, if so metal or wood, and which finish?
Bruce

Lutter

My apologies, I am the son, lol. I'm 31, test engineer for AGCO in Jackson, MN.

Dad's done arial crop spraying since before my time. Growing up I got to be the ground crew. We rebuilt a C90 for his super cub, had to be nearly 20 years ago. Life got in the way, and that plane is nearing its completion. Hoping the Citabria has a faster turn around.

I do not have my pilots license yet, but have worked on it in the past. I always got pretty motion sick going up, so then you lose interest real quick. Then when you're getting over the sickness crap, you end up putting it off here and there bringing us up to today. Dug out the books again the other day, hopefully this project is the match that keeps the fire lit!

Looking forward to posting/reading on this site well into the future.

As for the plane, my cousin bought it on an online auction, Dad and he went and picked it up, I believe the wings were off of it when they got there, it had a previous prop strike so the engine got taken down to Central Cylinder in Omaha. He worked on it quite a bit, sandblasting and painting the fuselage, then moved to persue work, ending up selling it to myself and Dad.

Bruce

Motion sickness can be overcome, I think it was Chuck Yeager who after landing threw up it was part of his auto biography if memory serves me and this was not once but many times. Great information I am 61 and an A & P my son is 24 he started flying in high school and school got in his way he graduates colleg in May. So I am looking at this as a pay rais for more toys. Rember the journey is part of the fun.