35% Scale 7GCBC - PT-JDR, a 1973 Citabria

Marcus Kellermann

Basic build is the same as N210XD, as the regular fuselage structure is the same both on Citabrias and Decathlons. Being a 1973 model, though, requires a different bootcowl and belly, as well as of couse a different cowl. Not arrived at that point yet, so no need to post all the same pictures of turning a regular fuselage into a scale-like structure.
Will start from where the differences start to come thru
No sunroof on a 1973 7GCBC, the gear legs are wrong and will be corrected

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

Scale instrument panel, including carbonfiber-look on console (original has been re-built and updated a couple of years ago)

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

Installed the landing gear, bushed the blind nuts into the gear legs (dremeled off the teeth) so to remove the LG it's a matter of loosening 6 bolts on the cockpit floor. Then the gear comes off like the fulsize. I also added the non functional, yet scale, leg holding plates with bolts and nuts...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

This project stalled due to the unfortunate motorcycle accident and passing of the owner. Take-over owner also passed a few months later - both in 2018. I now came to an agreement with the widow to take over the project. Don´t know when I will be able to resume work on this one. I will keep you all posted.