35% Scale N210XD Xtreme Decathlon build

Marcus Kellermann

Started by building the tail feathers...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Turning a regular (commercial) fuselage into a scale-like airframe...

Attachments

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
my jaw is literally hanging open looking at the level of detail you've put into that model. and you got the semi-pointed tips of the elevator correct! nobody has that!

Marcus Kellermann

my jaw is literally hanging open looking at the level of detail you've put into that model. and you got the semi-pointed tips of the elevator correct! nobody has that!
Glad you enjoyed it. There is more to come, just wait. And yes, I noticed that my regular (commercial) kits' elevators were wrong. I will correct that on the cuttting files in a near future...

Marcus Kellermann

Making and installing the sideliners...colors approved by Dale Gauger of ACA
Sorry for the random order of the pictures...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Aluminum Boot Cowl - making and install, again, random photos, sorry, can´t figure a way to put them in right order

Attachments

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
You might not know this Marcus but your world class models are in good company here. New member @rjgritter is a world class RC pilot. He's also listed in the Airshow Performers forum as he's transitioned to full scale to get his ya ya's out but if you need a pilot at Top Gun (we haven't see you fly yet! lol) you might want to give him a call.

Marcus Kellermann

You might not know this Marcus but your world class models are in good company here. New member @rjgritter is a world class RC pilot. He's also listed in the Airshow Performers forum as he's transitioned to full scale to get his ya ya's out but if you need a pilot at Top Gun (we haven't see you fly yet! lol) you might want to give him a call.
Good to know Bart. My model is actually not MY model, but a custom build for a pilot out of Miami. Nevertheless he might want a pilot, the idea is to compete at Unlimited Class, which means a top pilot flying a top aircraft. Of course the Jets are hard to beat yet we´ll give it a try.

@rjgritter welcome aboard

rjgritter

Marcus, I've really enjoyed watching your model builds over the past couple years. Very impressive work! I've wanted a Decathlon model but all the others are just too far off from scale for me to tolerate. One day when the toy budget isn't so eaten up by full-scale parts, I'll have to get one.

I'd love to help if your/your customer's model needs a pilot at Top Gun. I've really enjoyed flying of models through scale-accurate airshow routines, so it would be a natural fit! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Keep up the awesome work!

RJ

Marcus Kellermann

Advanced a little on the Xtreme Decathlon....
Marcus, I've really enjoyed watching your model builds over the past couple years. Very impressive work! I've wanted a Decathlon model but all the others are just too far off from scale for me to tolerate. One day when the toy budget isn't so eaten up by full-scale parts, I'll have to get one.

I'd love to help if your/your customer's model needs a pilot at Top Gun. I've really enjoyed flying of models through scale-accurate airshow routines, so it would be a natural fit! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Keep up the awesome work!

RJ
I thought I had answered to this, sorry, I figure today I didn´t. Thanks for the kind offer RJ. Let´s talk in the future.

Marcus Kellermann

Fabrication and install of Winshield protection brace, and upper WS bracket with all bells and whistles...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Hi all, after a long period of inactivity I am resuming work on this model, progress will be slow as I work no longer fulltilme on my models. Here a few shots of the almost scale wing rib building...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

As I had no acess to a stock pinewood the size needed for the spars, I had to buy smaller stock and laminate them together. After ready there will be a 1mm sheet laminated to each side and the all sanded flush to make it for a strong, solid spar. Work in progress, not yet ready, will post as soon as completed.

Attachments