35% Scale N210XD Xtreme Decathlon build

Marcus Kellermann

Started by building the tail feathers...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Turning a regular (commercial) fuselage into a scale-like airframe...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

my jaw is literally hanging open looking at the level of detail you've put into that model. and you got the semi-pointed tips of the elevator correct! nobody has that!
Glad you enjoyed it. There is more to come, just wait. And yes, I noticed that my regular (commercial) kits' elevators were wrong. I will correct that on the cuttting files in a near future...

Marcus Kellermann

Making and installing the sideliners...colors approved by Dale Gauger of ACA
Sorry for the random order of the pictures...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Aluminum Boot Cowl - making and install, again, random photos, sorry, can´t figure a way to put them in right order

Attachments

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
You might not know this Marcus but your world class models are in good company here. New member @rjgritter is a world class RC pilot. He's also listed in the Airshow Performers forum as he's transitioned to full scale to get his ya ya's out but if you need a pilot at Top Gun (we haven't see you fly yet! lol) you might want to give him a call.

Marcus Kellermann

You might not know this Marcus but your world class models are in good company here. New member @rjgritter is a world class RC pilot. He's also listed in the Airshow Performers forum as he's transitioned to full scale to get his ya ya's out but if you need a pilot at Top Gun (we haven't see you fly yet! lol) you might want to give him a call.
Good to know Bart. My model is actually not MY model, but a custom build for a pilot out of Miami. Nevertheless he might want a pilot, the idea is to compete at Unlimited Class, which means a top pilot flying a top aircraft. Of course the Jets are hard to beat yet we´ll give it a try.

@rjgritter welcome aboard

Marcus, I've really enjoyed watching your model builds over the past couple years. Very impressive work! I've wanted a Decathlon model but all the others are just too far off from scale for me to tolerate. One day when the toy budget isn't so eaten up by full-scale parts, I'll have to get one.

I'd love to help if your/your customer's model needs a pilot at Top Gun. I've really enjoyed flying of models through scale-accurate airshow routines, so it would be a natural fit! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Keep up the awesome work!

RJ

Marcus Kellermann

Advanced a little on the Xtreme Decathlon....
Marcus, I've really enjoyed watching your model builds over the past couple years. Very impressive work! I've wanted a Decathlon model but all the others are just too far off from scale for me to tolerate. One day when the toy budget isn't so eaten up by full-scale parts, I'll have to get one.

I'd love to help if your/your customer's model needs a pilot at Top Gun. I've really enjoyed flying of models through scale-accurate airshow routines, so it would be a natural fit! Let me know if I can be of any help.

Keep up the awesome work!

RJ
I thought I had answered to this, sorry, I figure today I didn´t. Thanks for the kind offer RJ. Let´s talk in the future.

Marcus Kellermann

Fabrication and install of Winshield protection brace, and upper WS bracket with all bells and whistles...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Hi all, after a long period of inactivity I am resuming work on this model, progress will be slow as I work no longer fulltilme on my models. Here a few shots of the almost scale wing rib building...

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

As I had no acess to a stock pinewood the size needed for the spars, I had to buy smaller stock and laminate them together. After ready there will be a 1mm sheet laminated to each side and the all sanded flush to make it for a strong, solid spar. Work in progress, not yet ready, will post as soon as completed.

Attachments