7-ECA Panel options

jeff07w

I’m putting my project together and wonder what you guys have in your panel and pics if you have them….
I have a ranch with a grass airstrip I will fly her out of, so the mission is basic vfr and just for fun thinking thru an iPad mini on the panel but not sure… my friend is recommending a “dynon pocket panel” — 1 guage with Horizen, altitude, airspeed, etc (gps based)
I’m kinda on favor of an engine monitor… any thoughts? Below is how I bought it… note the manifold pressure hole filler ;)

Attachments

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
I love your panel and probably wouldn't change a thing.

I think an engine monitor is overkill, but if you wanted 4 cylinder EGT/CHT there are several options that fit in a 2 1/4" hole.

If you do a lot of XC, you might consider replacing or supplementing the TC with an AHI in case you inadvertently enter IMC. There are several good options, such as uAvionics AV-30C, Garmin G5, or RC Allen mini-6. The AV-30 is probably the best bang for the buck, but the G5 is proven and well known.

Count me as one vote against a portable EFIS. With anyt device that is not permanently mounted, there is a non-zero chance that you will forget to emplace, connect, charge, level, etc. And since the purpose of the device is to keep you safe in case of unexpected flight into IMC, there is also a non-zero chance that you will realize after you enter IMC that your portable EFIS is not ready to fly with. That would be a bad day.

Here is a thread on panel pics:

https://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com/threads/instrument-panels-posts-w-pics.437/

Sully

Please don't take offense, I find a lot of these older aircraft where AD 67-03-02 is not complied with.
It probably was at one time but omitted during a rebuild.
Education is the intent.