AZ partnership

krmpilot

Looking to buy a 7kcab or comparable airplane. Backcountry and basic aerobatics. I would like a partner. Maybe base in AZ in the winter and Northwest in the summer.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck! We had five partners in a C-120 at one point, it was great, super cheap, virtually free of conflicts. A great way to go.

One thing we did do, we assigned weekends at the beginning of the season. Every fifth weekend I'd have the right to go fly from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening. If I didn't make plans I could release it to the other partners on those days. It was nice to know it wasn't necessary to jockey for access if I wanted to use the airplane to go somewhere. Trading was allowed and if you weathered out, you weathered out.

krmpilot

I know I am looking for a needle in a haystack but having a partner in the Northwest and locating the airplane in the NW in the summer and SW in winter has always been a dream. Me buying the airplane is not contingent on a partner, I am moving forward with the search for the right purchase. I belong to a flying club and have access to other planes, but I fell in love with this little redbird 7KCAB.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried posting an ad to Barnstormers? A lot of people surf through there every day, you never know who you'll be introduced to via that site.

krmpilot

I will do that thanks. I am flying to McMinnville to look at a 1973 KCAB with metal wings and 10 hours on the overhaul.

aftCG

Not sure how a nomadic flying club will work out, unless you find other snow bird partners.

My plane is here in the NW and while it isn't grossly underutilized it could stand a few more hours per year.

Not a KCAB though