Back in the saddle! Maine

Finally flying again- does anyone know of a good source for interior upgrades (seat covers, headliners, side-panel liners, etc) for citabrias? Thanks

aftCG

Headliner of the very first thing installed in a covering job. Not sure why that hasn't been improved in the last 60 years but it's still the way ACA does it.
Other than that, I'm watching to see for responses. My Smurf blue vinyl is pretty rough

Thank you for your interest - there is a decent Citabria in the neighborhood but needs a new interior to justify the money they are asking- I am trying to get an idea of what it would cost to replace the headliner, seat covers, carpet and sidepanels- Doug- Oh, and the MGTF is part of the down payment money- it's for sale.

Bob Turner

Hard to believe an interior would make or break a deal. Citabrias with wood spars are $25-$35K airplanes, mostly depending on engine time and general appearance. A really crummy interior wouldn't affect that by much.

Actually, most have pretty bad interiors. I re-did mine except for headliner for around $400 in 2003.

Hard to believe an interior would make or break a deal. Citabrias with wood spars are $25-$35K airplanes, mostly depending on engine time and general appearance. A really crummy interior wouldn't affect that by much.

Actually, most have pretty bad interiors. I re-did mine except for headliner for around $400 in 2003.
Bob-Thanks for your input- where did you go for the interior packages my attempts to google info are not coming back with much- Doug

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
good luck getting it all sorted out and with the sale of the MG......I've got many hours from when I was a kid wrenching on MG's with my uncle so I'll bet it'll be hard to see her go!

Bob Turner

No - I had a nice lady in Hemet sew up the four cushions, then I just used the same material on the side panels. I did the door and glareshield in some stretchy stuff, using Barg's glue.

Bob Turner

These are just what I have in the computer. Excuse the parachute. Before you ask, the nice lady in Hemet is not with us anymore. Too soon; she was half my age with two daughters. 444W Inst Pnl.jpg Lathes 004.jpg

Cliff- Great job- just my opinion. but I am glad you didn't use the blue on the inside. Compared to using kits it sounds like you got a lot for very reasonable money- Thanks- Doug

Bob Turner

You get used to the blue. I at first wanted to go all red with Cub yellow where the original was white. Easy, except for under the wings. But I got used to the blue, and now just happily fly the thing. I offset the flag aspect with a pair of Colbert Eagles.