Citabria Replacement Door Handles, Link

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

Bob Turner

That's a surprise! Usually if it says airplane on it the price is up an order of magnitude.

Did I tell you about the Cub trim handle?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Negative, but I replaced a trim indicator spring in a Piper Aztec with a hardware store spring back around 1995. So far nobody's asked me about it.

Bob Turner

Cub trim handle - $175 plus shipping. 1934 Ford window crank - I-friggin-dentical! $7.95.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
well that's what happens when you deal with these unsavory aircraft types instead of an upstanding company like ACA :)

B737jenkins

Hey Bart,

Did that latch work for your 7ECA? Our’s is a 1968 and is getting worn. Chad at ACA told me their in stock part is a different fit, and would need some custom work to make it fit.

I’m not really interested in that! I was hoping for a direct replacement.

Bob

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Bart,

Did that latch work for your 7ECA? Our’s is a 1968 and is getting worn. Chad at ACA told me their in stock part is a different fit, and would need some custom work to make it fit.

I’m not really interested in that! I was hoping for a direct replacement.
The inner handle is slightly smaller but it is a direct fit. It has been out of stock for a while now.

Bob Turner

Whatsa matter - they stop making wind wing handles for a 1954 De Soto or something? Difficult to believe that a good lightplane engineer would have a whole new die made for a door handle.