Cub vs. Champ by Avweb.com

aftCG

Paul has grown on me over time. That was a good primer for people considering a classic tail dragger but a tad light on deep dive. They should have pointed out that most the planes are not LSA by the time you put on the starter, charging system, etc.

My hangar neighbor has a 1939 J-3 that is museum perfect. It has been in his family for over 50 years. I couldn't find a shoe scuff or damage from a flailing seat belt buckle anywhere. It was damn near enough to make me close my hangar door in shame.

JimParker256

1965 Champion 7ECA (O-200)
But you got over it when you went flying, while he sat and cleaned/polished, right? I almost hope I DON'T win the EAA "perfectly restored Cub" because I'd be afraid to fly it, lest I hit a bug or something.

I cleaned the leading edges of Rags' (wife's pet name for the plane) wings after my recent flight review, and the airplane lost about 5 lbs empty weight... And yes, I do the same after every flight. Seems like we went directly from "winter" to "summer heat and bug season" without anything in between this year... These are little tiny things that just leave black dots all over everything.

HalfTonChamp

But you got over it when you went flying, while he sat and cleaned/polished, right? I almost hope I DON'T win the EAA "perfectly restored Cub" because I'd be afraid to fly it, lest I hit a bug or something.

I cleaned the leading edges of Rags' (wife's pet name for the plane) wings after my recent flight review, and the airplane lost about 5 lbs empty weight... And yes, I do the same after every flight. Seems like we went directly from "winter" to "summer heat and bug season" without anything in between this year... These are little tiny things that just leave black dots all over everything.
Didn’t Tuco say, “If you’re gonna look, look. If you’re gonna fly, fly!”? Somethin like that.