Feb 22 Northeast meetup?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody in the Northeast want to meet up on Saturday, Feb 22nd?

Anywhere from southeastern PA to southeastern NY or western MA would work depending on where people are coming from. It should go without saying that we'll be having breakfast or lunch wherever we end up.

Too cold you say? We're flying frickin' bush/utility planes, we own the cold! :D

So who's in?

Last edited:

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of people on FB have said they'd be up for a meet-up at WWD which is Cape May County in the southern tip of New Jersey so it's leaning towards that airport on the 22nd.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
email notice just went out :)

Just a quick heads up folks, we're trying to arrange an informal meet-up on Saturday, Feb 22nd at the Cape May County Airport (WWD) in Cape May, NJ. There's a little restaurant there so you might decide to grab lunch while we're there.

http://www.capemayairport.com/

Let's plan on meeting at 11 and if we're there for a couple of hours it'll be a good day!

Yes, it might be cold but we fly utility/bush planes, we own the cold! Dress warm and make the trip to come meet your fellow Champ/Citabria/Decathlon owners and enthusiasts.

We'll see you on the ramp, looking forward to meeting all y'all that can make it.

Questions/discussions about the event can be found here;
https://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com/threads/feb-22-northeast-meetup.460/

Regards,
Bart
908 343 1997

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Bad news, my wife's mom had a stroke so I won't be able to pull this together. There's a lot going on at the moment but I'm still going to try to make it to SUN 'n FUN.

Sorry if any of you were trying to join us on the 22nd.
Bart

Buckwheat

Sorry about your Mother in law. Hope thing’s are better for y’all. Didn’t know if anyone was still planning on creating a fly in this weekend. Jim Briggs KCPK 757-615-1615

B737jenkins

Now that the world is starting to re-open, Is anyone still interested in a NE meetup? Our 7ECA is at DMW, and we’ve got a grill! There are some cool grass strips not too far to play on. Anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic would be good...

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
well, we had tried to do Wildwood, NJ but since you're asking, maybe your place would work. bathrooms? parking? are there other food options within walking distance? cooking can turn into a huge PITA if we get any kind of a crowd but it's your call

anyone else interested?

B737jenkins

GED has a decent restaurant, and a museum on the field. That might work?

Lion8

Bartman. Flying W is a great place for a meet up. Just so you know, it has been sold and in the not to distant future, housing development will be put in its place. As of May 9, 2021, I don't know the status. I am hangered right between Flying W and WWD at a very active Crop Spraying strip- 28n. We are loosing airports and airstrips at an alarming rate. Atlantic City had a nice airport that close several years ago called Bader Filed. It was the first seaplane and land based airport in the U.S. As for a meet up, WWD gets crowded fast on the weekends. Ocean City airport (OXB) is another option. Food is good, big enough but then there is a keewee crowd that makes it a little crowded at mid morning, but the food is good.- Lion8

Bob Turner

My first flights were at Bader Field tn "Tango" Cubs. One guy did the instruction; another guy signed my logbook.