GCBC flaps and brackets . WTB

Stolguy

I am looking for a pair of flaps for a GCBC with brackets let me know what you have. Thanks

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
No flaps here but I have the interior drive tube and flap handle if it helps. Also have jury struts and wing tips for a scout. The wing tips are a little banged up but could be made ok to be put back into use.

Stolguy

I maybe interested. Here is what I am trying to do is put flaps on a Christavia MK1 it is a champ knock off .. What are you short other than the flap it self ? Do you have hangers or any other small parts for the flap system. Thanks Tim

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
The scout parts are mixed in with the Decathlon parts I bought. Are you working off of a parts or assembly drawing? I am not sure of what other parts I might have, let me look to see if I have a GCBC parts manual to make sense of it

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at a GCBC service manual last night, there are two pivot points. The upper one is the flap actuating torque tube, the other is where the flap handle is mounted to the floor. I have the torque tube with the bearing blocks and the flap handle but you'd have to weld in the pivot point for the flap handle and the mounting points for the torque tube. There are also pulley attach points for the cable that goes under the floor, behind the cabin and then up to the flap torque tube. I probably also have the flap actuating pushrods and maybe the return springs. The flap hinges may or may not be in there.

I'll keep an eye out for other small parts as I go through my boxes today and tomorrow

Stolguy

Ok let me know what you find. I have a 7 GCBC parts book on order , I am hoping to have it in a few days.

Hey guys,
I'm currently doing a rebuild on a 7GCBC. As such i'm just not 100% with which way i'm going with it. I'm thinking that the shortest (but most expensive) route would be to buy a new set of ACA factory wings. I get everything {fuel tanks, ailerons n spades,... and a 100lb gross weight increase}.
I have a full set of flaps, hinges and wing channels. What is it worth?
ps i haven't checked with ACA to see if i can reduce my cost by using my flaps yet.