Heavier summer oil

HalfTonChamp

Would like to hear from some in warmer climes. My C-90 equipped 7EC loses some oil pressure in the warmer times running Philips 20/50XC. When oil temps get above 190 would it be an advantage to use a single grade a little heavier or nah? Long hot summer in Arkansas.☀

JimParker256

1965 Champion 7ECA (O-200)
I cannot directly answer your question, but FWIF, I'm running Phillips 20/50 XC in my O-200 powered 7ECA. Oil temps stay in the green during climb-out (barely), even in the hottest Dallas summer temps (105ºF). Once power is reduced for cruise, the oil temp comes down a bit... The oil pressure remains in the green arc, though during those climbs it goes down towards the bottom of the green range. I figure as long as it's in the green, we're good to go!

HalfTonChamp

I cannot directly answer your question, but FWIF, I'm running Phillips 20/50 XC in my O-200 powered 7ECA. Oil temps stay in the green during climb-out (barely), even in the hottest Dallas summer temps (105ºF). Once power is reduced for cruise, the oil temp comes down a bit... The oil pressure remains in the green arc, though during those climbs it goes down towards the bottom of the green range. I figure as long as it's in the green, we're good to go!
Informative,Jim Parker. Thanks. I too inherited xc 20-50 and run it in my C-90 and it’s fine. And I generally dont mess with things that work but I’m gonna run some Aeroshell W-100 just to see if something changes. Shall report my findings. Low oil pressure at any time bugs me. 🐜