Hello From Ft Valley Ga.

Owner of a 7ECA with a story . I will have to figure out a way to start telling it . Have also owned a Tomahawk , 170B , 195 , and a Maule .

JimParker256

1965 Champion 7ECA (O-200)
Please do tell... We love stories here!
(Off topic - I flew a club-owned Tomahawk during my PPL training, and for my PPL checkride. I loved flying that plane, and never understood why people called it "Traumahawk" unless they were deathly afraid of spinning, and had no "feet" to keep it in trim... If I were smaller and weighed less (working on that part!), I'd love to have one again. They're sure cheap to purchase these days!)

I liked the Tomahawk as well but never did weight and balance but rather weight and sees . Only kept one winter as warm weather approached it was gone . I grew up in Vincentown its not far from Mount Holly Fort Dixs . This last little bit was for Bartman I see he is from N.J.

JimParker256

1965 Champion 7ECA (O-200)
The Tomahawk I flew was in the Ft Ord Flying Club (Monterey, CA area). Both the flying club and the Fort are long since defunct. When I was there, Ft Ord was home an infantry division, plus our Air Cavalry Squadron. The flying club was very active, and in addition to the Tomahawk, we had a Cessna 150, two Grumman AA-5B Tigers, a Cherokee 180, a Cherokee Six, two Arrows, a Duchess, and an ancient Apache that hardly ever flew. They were always trying to line up a Citabria, but it never worked out - at least while I was there. They very briefly had a Beech T-34 Mentor, but it (and the owner-pilot) were lost offshore on a trip to Catalina Island. Never a trace was found.

The Tomahawk I flew was in the Ft Ord Flying Club (Monterey, CA area). Both the flying club and the Fort are long since defunct. When I was there, Ft Ord was home an infantry division, plus our Air Cavalry Squadron. The flying club was very active, and in addition to the Tomahawk, we had a Cessna 150, two Grumman AA-5B Tigers, a Cherokee 180, a Cherokee Six, two Arrows, a Duchess, and an ancient Apache that hardly ever flew. They were always trying to line up a Citabria, but it never worked out - at least while I was there. They very briefly had a Beech T-34 Mentor, but it (and the owner-pilot) were lost offshore on a trip to Catalina Island. Never a trace was found.
I have always liked the looks of the Grumman but once you go taildragger you never go back .