Hello from Lancaster, PA

Vulin

Newer (160hr) Pilot out of Lancaster.

Finishing up my tailwheel endorsement in a Citabria. Currently instrument rated and working on my commerical.

Looking to build time, and Ill have to say...I caught the tailwheel bug. So looking for a Champ or lower priced Citabria. Im a pretty big guy, so I understand the weight penalty on a champ, so it may be more of a single pilot plane for me.

So here to gather info and check out the classifieds!

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Vulin, welcome to ChampCitabriaDecathlonForums.com! I wish we had more activity in the way of classifieds for you. If I see anything I'll let you know but barnstormers is a good place to check for used aircraft and to post a free wanted ad when you really get tired of waiting on people to sell.

Where are you renting the Citabria?

Vulin

I'm currently getting my Tailwheel from a guy at Reigle Field (58N). I don't think he does rental, just endorsements.

It's looking like a champ is my to to. Price, maintenance, and my plan fit my budget.

Superslam35

Vulin I know exactly who you are talking about because I got my endorsement from John in Dec at reigle field .I know where a 140 is . John cost me alot of money after my endorsement I bought a 7gcbc . lol

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
Champ is one of the best bargains in aviation. Plenty of them priced in the low 30's on Barnstormers. Several experimental biplanes in that price range too. Taildraggery is still relatively affordable relative to some other directions you can go as a newish pilot, such as hard IFR, long XC, multi, etc.