My ParkZone Citabria broke. How can I fix it?

Sushar94

I was flying my ParkZone Citabria on the first day I got it. When I was flying it, a gust of wind took this plane about 200 feet away and the plane flew out of control. I tried to regain some control, but then the plane began to nose dive. I knew that something bad was going to happen, but I kept running until I heard a soft thud. (Very surprising knowing how fast it was coming in.) I ran over to see the damage that the plane has taken. The body was fully intact, but when I looked over at the propeller and gear box, the prop was snapped off the shaft, and the shaft was bent. Now, when I try to turn it on, I only hear a slight beeping from the motor, what's the easiest way to fix my plane? Can someone post a How-To on fixing it?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the motor and see if the supporting bulkhead behind it is broken. If it is, you can use something like hot glue or Welders' Glue to reattach it to the fuselage. Then go to the website for ParkZone and see if they sell a replacement motor and prop for that model. Order the replacement parts, plus a few extra props, and then put them back onto the airplane the same way you took the old ones off.

If the motor turns the wrong direction, switch any two of the three wires that attach the motor to the electronic speed controller and it will reverse the motor direction.

Good luck.

Last edited: