Oberg Oil Screen

Goodyear

First oil change for me today in the o-360. It has an Oberg 600 Oil Filter system. It is easy to clean the filter screen. Any one have one of these on their engine? If so are you happy with the condition of your oil? My engine seems to be running fine with 1650 since overhaul, good compressions, nothing on the oil screen today. 67B50D64-2404-4F97-B383-EBE4E386B1AC.jpeg

aftCG

The oil screen is a gravel catcher. You won't find anything in it with this filter unless there's a catastrophic failure.

I have the more conventional spin on filter but I've seen your type of filter before on off road vehicles.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
So it's an STC to add a more sophisticated screen in place of the screen that is standard in the engine?

If it's of any help to future readers, my O-235-C1 had an Airwolf remote oil filter STC installed and the adapter seemed to keep the oil temp sender from being in the actual flow of oil so there was never an accurate oil temp reading. I changed it to a B&C and it's been perfect ever since. Will be doing first oil change soon after a two year sit so avoiding the mess will be a challenge but I'm sure it can be done.

Goodyear

I will definitely check the oil temp probe location. The screen size is either 28 or 60 absolute micron (98.7% of all particles that size). Twist on I believe are typically 24-30 absolute microns.