Citabria P/N problem

Simke

Hi there,
I am starting Citabria project from the scretch and find prety confused with p/n's in Part Manual. No todays supplier is using this p/n nor reffer to them as for todays replacement.
Is there anybody to help me with this numbers like 7-1257 or 4-1000. What type of wires are they?New Doc 2019-02-28 02.16.37_1.jpg

Ron86654

www.advancedtailwheeltraining.com
If you haven't gotten drawings from ACA you might want to look into that. They will have all the PNs.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Simke,

Those part numbers are the manufacturer's so they will probably be the only ones using them. I have used those part numbers in a google search and have been able to locate used parts but you won't find a 7-1257-34 wire at aircraft spruce. Some of the drawings have the AN designation for hardware so you can use some of the drawings for making a hardware list but like Ron said, the factory drawings will be very helpful for you.

Where are you located? Is there a complete airplane nearby that you can use for reference?

Simke

Ron and Bartman, thank you for quick response.
Obviously I will have to contact ACA Parts department and ask for help if they are willing to help.
And yes, I am from Serbia, Europe, and could have a view of nearby aircraft.

Ron86654

www.advancedtailwheeltraining.com
Mandy or Chad in parts at ACA are always very helpful.

You also may consider joining the Bellanca-Champion Club. They are a wealth of knowledge.

Bob Turner

Probably even in Europe it would be cheaper to buy an old Citabria and rebuild it. I bet just the cost of wires purchased by part numbers will exceed the cost of the entire aircraft.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Also probably cheaper to buy a good used plane for restoration in the US and ship it to Serbia if there aren't any good options locally.

Simke

Yes, I have already done it locally and now I have to deal with it one way or another. It is the great 7GCBC form 1970.

Sully

Most of the wires are MIL-W-22759 spec. The size gauge is based on the circuit load. I assume you got no wiring with the project?

Simke

That is correct, I have nothing. Also all other hardware is hard to find according to manufacturer's Part Manual. That is why I have great expectations from ACA. Still no reply from them, hope it will be after weekend.

Simke

Thanks Ron again.
I am really excited with this project but I think they deserve some more time. I will join group but will contact Dale in case no response on my question at all.

Bob Turner

That's better. I thought you were going to build an entire aircraft from scratch, using ACA parts. That would probably cost more than a new aircraft.

So you have an entire airframe and engine, but just no wires? A complete harness may be available for a price, but again, if you just buy each wire separately from ACA, you will find it less expensive to buy a flying airplane. If you get a wiring diagram and good wire on spools (from a surplus supplier), you can probably rewire the entire aircraft for $200.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Mandy or Chad in parts at ACA are always very helpful.

You also may consider joining the Bellanca-Champion Club. They are a wealth of knowledge.
I'm sure Chad would be willing to give you his email address to make communications easier. He's been extremely helpful every time I've had to call for parts.

The Club is extremely helpful for Bellancas especially but Citabria traffic is minimal. We've got the AD's and other tech documents here;
https://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com/forums/type-certificate-data-sheets-tcdss.10/

here;
https://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com/forums/stcs.15/

and here;
https://champcitabriadecathlonforums.com/forums/airworthiness-directives-ads.16/

If we don't have it posted somewhere just ask and I'll go find it.

Also, when you google Champ/Citabria/Decathlon topics you'll notice our content is starting to show up in search results which is the primary benefit of a forums site......what we're talking about and sharing is accessible for everyone, for free, until someone deletes the site from the server. No club to join, no invasive privacy issues to sign off on, just a helpful and readily available community for our family of wonderful airplanes.

Let us know how we can help.
Bart

Simke

@Bob That is exactly my intention - to get wiring diagram and do it on my own.

@Bart You are already so helpful. Hopefully I will be in position to share with you my project. Thank you!