Scale Fidelity is my motto - How to find me

Marcus Kellermann

Hi everyone. My name is Marcus Kellermann, I live in Blumenau, Brasil, and made it my mission to rescue the scale fidelity of the Champ lineage on third scale models, differently than most models on the market nowadays.
It all started when I decided to build a 30% scale model as accurate as possible of PP-ZPA, a 1984 Super Decathlon stationed in my country and flown by Aerobatic Champion and airline pilot Alexandre "XANDE" Venzon. I had access to him and he provided me with many interior and exterior pictures of his plane, so I could do an accurate model. That was way back in 2003, I built 100+ models since then, in 2014 I turned my hobby into full time activity, leaving behind a career in international sales.

I can be found:
MARCUS MODEL FACTORY
Rua Gen. Osório, 3851 Subsolo
89042-001 Blumenau SC - Brasil
Cell/Whattsapp +1 55 47 9 8866 2422
www.marcusmodelfactory.com.br
[email protected]
www.facebook.com/marcusmodelfactory

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

Here are some of my other Decathlons, in random order, not all of them...all in 30% size, some of them sold as kits and built by customers

Attachments

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus......wowsa!

Of course, there is now way I'm posting photos of my lowly Bud Nosen Citabria when its done. I might have to just put it in the wood chipper before I waste any more time on it! lol

Marcus Kellermann

Here are some in 35% size, many built by my, some sold as kits and built or finished by customers

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Here are a few in smaller size, 25% scale. Again, either built by me or delivered as kits and finished by customers

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Marcus......wowsa!

Of course, there is now way I'm posting photos of my lowly Bud Nosen Citabria when its done. I might have to just put it in the wood chipper before I waste any more time on it! lol
Bart don´t do it, the Bud Nosen Citabria is a milestone in Giant Scale modeling, having been designed in the 70´s as a lightweight build so it could be powered by a .60 size engine. It´s been a long time dream of mine, since i never got one, I decided do do my own design, a little bigger, of course. Just post it!

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

I´ll soon post pictures of 2 special custom orders, 2 true scale 35% projects, one, a replica of N210XD a 210HP Xtreme Decathlon, and the other, a a replica of a PT-JDR a 1973 7GCBC Citabria, all of them as close as possible to the full size...those will be separate threads, and you guys will be able to follow along the build....both intended to be competing at Top Gun Tournament in Florida in 2019

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

Here is another 25% Super Decathlon scale I finished last week - sport scale.
Remark: the 1/4 scale is a tribute to the good ol´ Pilot kit - little details were added to original fiberglass parts (cowl, wingtips) and used as molds. Wheelpants were developed from zero to actual ACA standards. Yet the engineering is completely new - MMF standard.

Attachments

Last edited:

Marcus Kellermann

Here´s another Super Decathlon, this time 30% scale, ready to go to its new owner. 120" wingspan, EME 70cc twin for power

Attachments