Scout 8GCBC - Wanted - Misc Parts

Explorer

Misc Parts Wanted - Update 16 Oct 2020.

1. Air Box for O-360 Lycoming.
2. 2 - Forward Wing Struts for Metal Spar Wings. 2 - Aft Struts. 2 Jury Struts.
3. Scott 3200 or ABI Tailwheel Assembly, Springs - 3 Long, Fork and Chains.
4. New Style Landing Gear U Bolts X 2 - Inboard Attachment Bolt X 2.
5. Windshield.
6. Lower Engine Cowl.
7. Newer 6 x 8.50 Tire & Tubes.

Referrals Appreciated.

Last edited:

Bob Turner

Would it be less expensive to buy an entire airplane? That way you could be sure you have everything you need. Then just swap wings. Sell the leftovers.

I want an L4 fuselage. I am thinking it is cheaper to buy an aircraft, then sell all the parts. But then, I never sell anything.

Explorer

Bob,

You provide a wealth of knowledge from your experience, which is appreciated.

Messing around with light aircraft and boats is some of the best fun a fella can have. How we go about it is different from individual to individual. What you've implied is your a hoarder of aircraft parts. If it wasn't for individuals like you my project would be complete by now - LOL...

Best Regards!

Last edited:

Bob Turner

I do give stuff away - does that mitigate my "people like you" status?

Selling stuff is a giant pain. I have two 1965 Mustang convertibles - every now and then somebody tries to give me five grand for one of them. I am still trying to dream up a polite way of saying "go away quickly, please."

Explorer

I do give stuff away - does that mitigate my "people like you" status?

Selling stuff is a giant pain. I have two 1965 Mustang convertibles - every now and then somebody tries to give me five grand for one of them. I am still trying to dream up a polite way of saying "go away quickly, please."
Bob,

Easy, it was a joke. I was trying to pull your leg. Do we need to use green font for anything approaching sarcasm?

First car, used and tired 66 Mustang, Canary Yellow, Green Window Tint, Black Interior. Inline 6 with 3 speed on the floor.

Luved it. I think I paid $900 for it in Grade 12...

Last edited:

Bob Turner

I had one exactly like that. 24 mpg. Wish I still had it - gorgeous wire wheel hubcaps.