Short Field Sunday - Practicing pattern work at Wilgrove 8A6 and Goose Creeek 28A in a Citabria GCBC N5247X

corynancy

Join me on a scenic flight to a couple of Charlotte's shortest runways. Wilgrove Airpark 8A6 and Goose Creek Airport 28A. With tall trees on both sides and only 2,300 feet long by 35 feet wide, Goose Creek makes short field landings fun and challenging. Although slightly longer at 2,835 feet, the trees are closer on all sides at Wilgorove Airpark making the approaches over tall obstacles on short final much more interesting for pilots looking to practice short field landings. The weather and scenery were beautiful on this late fall day flying around the North Carolina countryside.

N9539S

Nice video, Cory! Not too far north from where I'm hangared (KFDW - Winnsboro, SC). I'm assuming you've also flown into the 35' wide BQ1 in Carthage, NC? One of my favorite $100 BBQ runs! :)

aftCG

Your videos are way more polished than mine. I wonder if you would mind sharing what software you edit with?

I think I already posted this somewhere here, but I can't remember where. This is some short field practice I did a few months ago. I chopped out everything except the pieces from short final to lift off. Besides the practice, I used the video and google satellite view to measure my exact runway requirements.

N9539S

Wow...land & take off before the aiming point markers...impressive! My O-200 would never let me do that. :) Nice vid...beautiful location!

For editing, I use a freeware - NCH VideoPad. I bumble through it and usually get frustrated enough to just publish what I feel is good enough. Not sure how these professional YouTubers have the patience to create what they do. It's way too much work! :)