STC Hooker Sport Harness

RogerG

I'm going through an annual inspection on my 7ECA now. The IA is requiring replacement of all the seatbelts, and shoulder harnesses due to TSO tag not readable or no longer there. I decided to go with the STC Hooker Sport Harness and was looking for comment on the installation, and pics from someone who has made this conversion.

Bob Turner

I have similar harnesses - the bottoms just bolt to the original mount. Be careful where you mount your shoulder harness - you do not want a sudden deceleration aiming a bent tube at you or your passenger.

I think Hooker provides exact info - they better, for the price!

VaporGlobalAviation

I am having this exact problem as well, but I do not believe belts that are original to the plane must be replaced just because the ID tags are no longer there.

Currently looking for easiest option not requiring modification...

RogerG, what did you go with?

Rickw

I am having this exact problem as well, but I do not believe belts that are original to the plane must be replaced just because the ID tags are no longer there.

Currently looking for easiest option not requiring modification...

RogerG, what did you go with?
during my Champ annual had to replace my seat belts because tags were gone

Bob Turner

I wonder if that is an IA thing? Parts in general must be “approved” but not sure about “marked.” I do know that replacement structural parts are not permanently marked - even lift struts!

Hiperbiper

I replaced my old belts with Wag Aero STC'ed new belts. They come with bolt-in hardware for both the front and rear seats for about $200.00 per seat. Easy to install if the interior is out. Could be installed with interior in place with proper planning and a good knowledge of curse words. Pics in Restoration section under 7AC rebuilding and covering starting @ post #10. They are standard 4 point belts with a standard car-type latch and come with the belts, slides, mounting hardware and STC paperwork. I've used them in both my Viking and the Aeronca.

Chris

Last edited: