SUN 'n FUN 2020, who's going?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, the plan's been hatched (thanks Bruce!) to make it to Florida this year and I'd be a bad host if I didn't promote a meet-up. As we progress into the new year I'll shoot an email to all three hundred and something of us but for now, let's start to kick around what dates work, maybe something Thursday night for the early arrivers and then again Saturday for the weekend crowd?

Please let me know if you'd like to volunteer to work with me a little bit doing media coverage. I'd expect Greg Koontz to be there and if we work together we can get video which I can then edit and we'll make it all nice-nice. Stuff like that is possible if anyone wants to have a go at it with me. Let me know, it'll be a very part-time obligation, I promise.

Looking forward to some down time in F-L-A and to meeting some of you! I'm planning to be there the 1st through the 4th.

@SixAlphaCharlie is a volunteer there, anyone else?

Last edited:

aftCG

2213 NM each way for me, as the crow flies.

And during the part of the year most unlikely to be VFR.

I do want to attend someday but I'll be arriving in a long tube

Bruce

Wile your there ask if the get any of the e mails from there web site, I’ve sent one and had not received a response. I figured to give them till after first of the year and call. Or there web page is not serving the purpose, I was unable to search for parts. Also I thought when I was ready for all my parts to fly up in my Warrior and ask for tour and pick them up myself. You know any reason for a cross country. Enjoy the trip are you getting a new project?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
i was going to post a new thread when i'm back home but the plan is to pick up a Decathlon project in Topeka and drop off the frame at the factory for verification it's straight and worthy of being rebuilt and to have a few updates/mods done. there are so many options, basically anything being done with a new Super Decathlon can be installed at the factory on an older Decathlon/SuperD frame so the goal is to only do what I think is worthwhile and not blow my budget on mods before I even get started!

regarding the emails, they switched just recently to new servers and new email addresses so you might want to check the addresses at the website and see if you need to mail it again to a different address.

Bruce

Go ahead and admit it this is a sickness that can only be treated never cured. o_O My wife and kids tell me I am mission obsessed, never done with what I started before looking for the next fix..