Sun 'n Fun 2021, April 13 to 18

DanO

I am seriously considering attending this year, although at this point i am content with hanging back for a bit and seeing how this COVID thing progresses.

Goodyear

I think it will be well attended. Most of the old and bold will have gotten the vaccine if they want it.

DanO

Well, I’m old, vaccinated, and only a couple of hours away...three out the four criteria!

N9539S

Yes, I've got my calendar blocked! I'll be flying down from South Carolina and planning to camp in Vintage.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
glad to see you survived the experience!
Thanks! Yeah, we had a super spreader event at a wedding on New Years Eve. My whole extended family got it. Everyone had relatively mild cases. I was sick for 4 days, with loss of taste for a month.

Helo pilot

Sun an Fun is having an event celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Decathlon and the 75th anniversary of the Pitts. They are offering free passes and parking at the ACRO area. I'm in.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
Sun an Fun is having an event celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Decathlon and the 75th anniversary of the Pitts. They are offering free passes and parking at the ACRO area. I'm in.
Free passes, as in to park your airplane?

I was not planning to fly there. I only live about 20 minutes away, and my hanger is 20 minutes in the opposite direction. However, if there is going to be some kind of event where they try and gather as many Decathlons as possible, I am definitely up for that.

Bob Turner

I used to enjoy fly-ins. My last three events soured me - at two I found kids in uniforms moving my Cub by the tail brace wires so they could put a more important antique in my spot (a Stearman).
The third, and last - I was in a Stearman with engine running and a taxi clearance when some super self-important folks pulled a B-25 out, blocking me, and proceeded to do whatever it takes to get a B-25 ready. They were simply more important than me.
Have fun. I will be flying.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
I'm advised my last comment came across as a bit assholish. Sorry Bob, I was trying to make a bad joke about you being an older dude, and those B-25 young'uns being in your way. I suppose would have been funnier if the taxiway had actually been grass. Anyway, no offense intended, and I hope I'm still flying anything 20 years from now, much less upside down!

Bob Turner

Not by me - I got a kick out of it. You may color me amused! That is exactly what I did - otherwise I would still be there.

It is really easy to get mis-interpreted on a forum. I get attacked regularly, but so far never here. I had one guy over on the J3 forum tell me I was faking it, that the FAA had no record of my existence, and everybody on the forum hated me. Then he left in a huff and hasn't been heard from since.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Does anybody know if ACA is coming to this year's Sun 'n Fun?
Jerry Jr will be at Sun 'n Fun with sales reps from their dealer network joining him.

There will be a larger factory presence at Oshkosh if you want to get your hats/photos/babies signed by the gang