Tire camber

damaviation

Long story so I'll try to make it simple. Due to an accident years ago before the plane was rebuilt, I have had two different lower gear axle assemblies on my champ. One has the channel for the cable brakes and one is for the hydraulic. Part numbers 1062 and 1080 respectively I believe. In theory this shouldn't matter and they should have the same bend to them. The problem is that I have two different cambers to the tires. The hydraulic axle has a "negative" camber (the top is farther towards the wingtip). The cable style gear has almost no camber (strait up and down). I found a used gear lower online that is the "correct" 1080 part for the hydraulic brakes. My question before I spend $500 and end up with two tires with negative camber, is the negative camber OK? Can it be adjusted out? Or should I replace the hydraulic side with the cable type so that both are vertical? (I'm not sure that the cable style leg isn't bent incorrectly which is why it doesn't have the negative camber). I'd think negative camber is better because as you add weight the tires go towards vertical, but that's just my theory. I've recently refurbished my oleos and have new packing, springs, and full fluid and they seem to be very even. I'm in the process of pulling both lowers off to compare the bend. Also, anyone have a lower they want to sell me that will take less than the $500 shipped price I found online?

damaviation

A quick search:
Thanks for the link but that's the upper assembly. I'm looking at just the lower axle assembly. I found the right part today at salvage. It is the same exact match as the "hydraulic" side that has the camber to it and so I believe now that the other, "cable" type gear is incorrect. If anyone has any more information on the proper camber please let me know.