Champ Tires

Buckwheat

I own a 2008 7 EC and was wondering if I need an STC to install 850 tires. Also I am looking for the tinted sunscreen that mounts on the frame behind the windshield. Thanks, Jim Briggs

Klaus M

This is the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) that covers factory approved tires. I don't see 8.50 listed.

To find the STC you're looking for goto this FAA site link below and enter "7EC' in the "Model/Series" block. Then click 'Apply' and read through the +200 STC that have "7EC" in them.

Unfortunately, the search will also bring up 7ECA aircraft also. So you need to read carefully through each STC.

In my quick look, I believe that a phone call to Alaska Bushwheel, Inc would be in order.

Buckwheat

This is the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) that covers factory approved tires. I don't see 8.50 listed.

To find the STC you're looking for goto this FAA site link below and enter "7EC' in the "Model/Series" block. Then click 'Apply' and read through the +200 STC that have "7EC" in them.

Unfortunately, the search will also bring up 7ECA aircraft also. So you need to read carefully through each STC.

In my quick look, I believe that a phone call to Alaska Bushwheel, Inc would be in order.
Thanks so much
I own a 2008 7 EC and was wondering if I need an STC to install 850 tires. Also I am looking for the tinted sunscreen that mounts on the frame behind the windshield. Thanks, Jim Briggs
Thanks so much, I will follow your advice. Jim Briggs