Where do you like your headphone jacks?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious what the options are, my 7ECA has them in the side panel by each pilot's left knee.

Thanks!

Bob Turner

Overhead into the switch box works for me - velcroed to the left cabane strut just inside the windshield.

kubark42

Overhead into the switch box works for me - velcroed to the left cabane strut just inside the windshield.
I do the exact same. The ANR unit is velcroed to the struts and the cables snake their ways down. Keeps stuff nicely in place, even when inverted.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
Another vote for overhead. Keeps the cords up and away from your arms and controls. I don't do any velcroing, just plug them in and toss the cord slack over my back.

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
maybe I should decide which headsets I'm going to be using and then see if there will be any battery packs that need support and go from there. thanks guys. I'm still using David Clark H10-13.4 headsets in the Citabria, maybe it's time for an upgrade. :)

kubark42

You might consider installing the new style LEMO/Panel Power/Redel plugs, as a replacement for the old-school dual plugs. These new plugs directly provide the headsets with power, plus they take up less space on panel. That would be a very nice upgrade for anyone currently hassling with batteries and would give you some future compatibility.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
I use the DC 10-13.4 also. Every now and then I consider ANR, but it is low on my wish list, certainly below a seat parachute, engine monitor, and fuel flow gauge. I rationalize by saying I like to hear the engine and wind noise while doing acro. For XC it would probably make for a more relaxing trip, though I find dialing back to 65% power and leaning for smoothness instead of efficiency makes a huge difference there.

Last edited:

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
You might consider installing the new style LEMO/Panel Power/Redel plugs, as a replacement for the old-school dual plugs. These new plugs directly provide the headsets with power, plus they take up less space on panel. That would be a very nice upgrade for anyone currently hassling with batteries and would give you some future compatibility.
If I was doing a full restore and panel makeover, I would definitely build that in.

Bob Turner

I use the 10-13.4 exclusively. Most of my flying is open cockpit, and ANR doesn't seem to work real good.

Ancecdote for you - my buddy was selling his beautiful Waco RNF. He couldn't hear the tower with his thousand dollar Bose. On one beautiful day I had to do the radio work for him, and I am seriously deaf! Like, one ear is totally dead, etc.

I told him to get the DC, and all was well. Kept the airplane.

Rick

Just curious if anyone has installed the LEMO plug, it seems there is room next to the dual plugs on the box near the pilots head. I'm curious if it can be wired with the current jacks there and getting the power from one of the other breakers. Any pictures or ideas would be great about to start the annual next week.