7/8 GCBC Windshield Replacement - Scout

Explorer

There seems to be 3 or 4 windshield replacements out there.

Any idea which Mfg is preferred or are they all pretty much the same?

Thank you!

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Not familiar but what is the price range? Will need to buy one eventually and will be keeping an ey eon this to see which one you go with. :)
I usually try to buy from the factory but if there's a compelling reason to buy elsewhere for certain things, I'm all ears (as they say, eh?).

Explorer

Has anyone attempted a acrylic repair? The windscreen is perfect except for a small cracked piece 1" x 2" down low at the boot cowl.

It looks like it's the same windshield for all Models - Part Number 7-1264

2 Manufacturers stand out when Googling - LP Aero and Cee Bailey.

Last edited:

Bob Turner

Stop-drill the crack asap.

If it is not where your vision will be impaired, glue a piece of clear acrylic over the crack. You need the kind of glue that melts the acrylic - maybe model airplane stuff?

Some Champs require wing removal before a windshield change.

Explorer

Bob,

It's not so much a crack. It looks like someone tried to take a bite out of it.

I've sourced the acrylic and the glue. I'll have a go.

Thanks!

Goodyear

I used to work with acrylic over 40 years ago and you can repair almost anything. And polish it out. Doesn’t work that great in the field of vision without creating distortion. But where you are talking about should be repairable.

Hiperbiper

I've always been pleased with LP Aero's plastics. I've done 2 150's, the Navion and now the Champ and their products are top notch and they take great pains to pack and ship their stuff right.
Just make sure to use the proper tools and techniques and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.
Chris

Explorer

I've always been pleased with LP Aero's plastics. I've done 2 150's, the Navion and now the Champ and their products are top notch and they take great pains to pack and ship their stuff right.
Just make sure to use the proper tools and techniques and I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.
Chris
[/QUOTE

đź‘Ť