1976 7KCAB Recover, repaint, and restore

Hygenisis

I'm redoing my 7KCAB: Are you guys aware of an STC for the Garmin G5. I'd like to install the certified version and before I go on a lengthy hunt for documentation does anyone have a short cut (perhaps having added on to your panel)? I'd like to replace mu vertical speed indicator with the G5 (and add a magnetometer). Thanks

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
The 7 series can have the metal belly feature, contact ACA for parts/pricing if you want to buy their kit. It's heavier than fabric and you'll have to weld the tabs on that the belly skins will attach to but you'll be able to get in there and service or clean the interior of the tail.

The Garmin G5, if I'm not mistaken is approved via STC/AML, you can find the info here, https://static.garmin.com/pumac/sa01818wi_2109.pdf

Hygenisis

Excellent point. Learned that as my guys are covering the wings. I decided to have them do the fuselage as well. Thanks you so much for the speedy reply.

Hiperbiper

Make sure having the VSI isn't a requirement for your aircraft before using that space for the G5...that might be embarrassing down the road...šŸ§

Chris

Hygenisis

Good point. I'm unaware of anything in part 91 about being required to have a vsi. I'll check on it though. Thanks for the input.
Also, there is a vsi capability within the g5 (I think) . I'm more failiar with the g3x. Perhaps I'll need an add on module to recover the vsi ability.

volvo164

Laszlo
Read the G5 STC carefully : a VSI is required as per the STC. Unfortunate, that despite not needed by Part 91 - it is because of the STC. You'll have to swap 1 instrument to be 2 1/4 to fit everything in the low panel, but it works.