All 7 Series Form 337 Examples for Smoking Airplanes Smoke System on 7ECA

N9539S

I'm considering installing a Smoking Airplanes smoke system in my 7ECA. A Form 337 is required and my IA A&P requires I get 2 to 3 examples of approved 337's from other 7-series aircraft. Does anyone have this type of 337 they'd be willing to share? Note the Smoking Airplanes website does have example 337's from a Super D, but unfortunately that's a different Type Cert than the 7ECA, so no help there. Thanks in advance!

Bob Turner

Does your IA do a lot of field approvals? I did six last year, and not one involved a sample 337 from another airplane. To the extent that a sample would help, a Decathlon sample would be as good as a Citabria sample.

Just type it up and see if your IA will submit it. The FAA is required to respond in writing (they usually ignore them until you ask for an in-person meeting).

N9539S

Thanks, Bob. That's good to know. Since I already have the Super D samples, I'll see if he'll submit those first while still looking to get 7-series samples. Great advice!

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,

Any chance the manufacturer knows the types that their buyers had? Maybe a call to them would put you in touch with a few 7 series owners? I’d bet any 7 series Citabria would be ok.

N9539S

Thanks Bartman...I did reach out to them first to see if they had samples of 7-series, but unfortunately they didn't. Good suggestion on asking them to put me in touch with any previous customers. I'll ask. Thanks!

kswans1314

I've been putting thought into putting smoke in my 7ECA. My local guys didn't seem to think it would be much issue with the examples already available. Its more a mental game for me of whether or not smoke on a lonely 7ECA would even be worth it. Dual injectors would be a must. More smoke the better! Hope it works out for you