Champ O-200 engine mount

Eric Brown

Does anyone have info, photos or drawings of the O-200 engine mount (4-1207) used on the original 7ECA or later 7EC LSA models ? I have been unable to find info on the 4-1207 mount. I've asked Chad at ACA if there is a drawing available. Haven't heard for a week. I've gotten word through a source that the standard 4-585 (short) and the 4-884 (long) mounts are unsuitable for the O-200 when using the standard O-200 rubber shock mounts. The weak area being the two upper single tube mount points that will tend to flex with the vibrations from the softer Lord mount system.

Cessna 150 mounts always had at least 3 tubes (smaller diameters) connecting at the upper two mount points. It has also been suggested that the old style harder rubber cones shock mounts be used to mount the O-200. I see there are some adapter rings being sold on E-Bay.

The Buzz Wagner STC, that I am using, suggests using the 4-1207 mount or constructing your own mount from drawings supplied in STC. The DIY mount drawings look like a copy of the original 4-585. No supports at the upper two mount points. With the STC supplied drawing, I know that technically, I would be legal with either the 4-585 or 4-884 and or the 4-1207. I would prefer to use a 4-1207 mount or modify my 4-884 mount to an equivalent. Whadda ya think ??

Last edited: