Parts availability?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus,

I noticed your landing gear legs are nice and skinny like they should be. Would your 25% scale gear legs fit my 1/4 scale Nosen Citabria? My fuselage is about 8" wide where the gear legs mount. Do you sell parts?

Thanks!
Bart

Marcus Kellermann

Marcus,

I noticed your landing gear legs are nice and skinny like they should be. Would your 25% scale gear legs fit my 1/4 scale Nosen Citabria? My fuselage is about 8" wide where the gear legs mount. Do you sell parts?

Thanks!
Bart
Yes I do. I can produce a one-piece landing gear for you. Although it would be a little on the heavy side since they´re made of steel and not aluminum. Interested?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmmm....I have 3/16" aluminum gear on there now, let me see if I can trim it down without weakening it too much before I commit. How heavy would the steel gear be?

Marcus Kellermann

Marcus,

Thanks!
Bart
Bart, you can also take your kit LG and bash it into a scale gear by trimming off a little from rear side as on picture on the middle. Last picture shows another mod you can do to enhance your Cit, provided the full scale is one of the later models.

This is actually a Bud Nosen Citabria on the pictures

Attachments

Marcus Kellermann

Hmmmmm....I have 3/16" aluminum gear on there now, let me see if I can trim it down without weakening it too much before I commit. How heavy would the steel gear be?
Have to make it and weigh it then. Never cared too much about weight because it lowers the CG and gives the plane a little added inherent stability