All 7 Series 1979+ Inspection Report of Citabria`s new designed

mikelima

Good evening dear Forum members, may i ask for your opinion in here:

I just write for my new Austrian Citabria an Airworthiness Program (Easa Stuff)
where me as Pilot Owner can do Mxx Stuff on the Plane.

I have gone through all Service Manuals i have and found always the Inspection Report
as copy of a copy of a copy.
So what i did today: I generated the Inspection Report new designed but with
all points in there like the Piper Cub Style including the Lubrication chart.
(phoa it took really a long time to create)

Can i ask in here about your opinion on such, if you have more ideas or critics,
or if such a List would be helpful for others in here...

Have a look
Matthias.

seite 1.JPG Seite 2.JPGSEite 3.JPGSEite 4.JPG

Hiperbiper

Ausgezeichnet!
Gesundheit!

My only comment about making your own Inspection Checklist is make it Comprehensive enough to ensure continued safe operation but not so fussy that it becomes a hindrance to looking at complete systems...
There was a "checklist" in an Aeronca magazine that was (I kid you not) 4 typewritten pages...for a simple, non electric 2 seat rag and tube bird.
Like everything else; more isn't always better.

Chris

Last edited:

Bob Turner

Think that's bad? We had a young fellow propose a checklist for a J3 that had six items after lining up on the runway. Swear to God one of the items was "advance the throttle." Good idea - never want to forget to add power just before takeoff.

mikelima

Thank you for your all feedback and also critics so far!

Just to clarify: my Checklist are the 1:1 inspection points stated at the 1979 Inspection Report
with 10 pages - shrinked now to 4 Pages.

Not even one new point was added by me - nope - nothing; only that was stated by Bellanca 1979.

Just a graphical new workover of the 43 year old list,
but now included the "Figure 2-6 Lubrication Chart" and "Table 2-2 Recommended Lubrication"

What List are you all taking for the annual inspection of your planes? original or alternate ones?

best greetings
Matthias!

Bob Turner

We were mostly talking about operational checklists, not inspection checklists.

Chris has a good point, though - you really don't need a written checklist with a check box for each and every bolt. In my opinion, one "check box" should do it for "control surfaces, actuators, pulleys, cables, turnbuckles, and safety devices - check". Same philosophy for other systems. There is a nice checklist in the maintenance manual, and one can simplify that quite a bit and still comply with the requirement.

There is also a list that can be pulled out of 14 cfr 43 App D. It winds up being four typed pages.

Just an opinion.

Big Ed

N50247 - '79 Super D
Could be the EASA Pilot Owner Maintenance documentation requirements are more rigorous than those expected of a trained A&P/IA in our system. That would be logical.