Hats anyone?

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Was thinking it might be nice to have hats for Oshkosh so I was playing around with ideas this morning. The full logo up at the top of the page is too busy according to the local embroiderer so I tried to make it more simple. Not sure I like any of them but thought maybe sharing would prompt a new idea that would work better!

Here you go......

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.55.22.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.58.49.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.59.24.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-29 at 10.59.59.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.00.28.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-29 at 11.00.57.png

Last edited:

Bruce

Could be we have no ideas, I prefer caps without the button in center of cap. (Hurts with headset) how about a blue cap with red wings off the sides like wings and our N # in the center?

Bob Turner

I hate hats. Got in trouble a couple times for not being very military about it. The Greek says "wear one." Yeah, until I am out of sight.

EJWash

I'm a hat/cap wearing guy. I would love to support the website name embroidered on a cap is just too busy and loud. I can't see a way around it other than shortening the name of the website

scoutdog

What about Scouts if you're gonna list models :)) I've bought a lot of AvGas by circising buttons off of hats for a buck a button....

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
a bit of historical context

when i started the site it was because the only two options were the aeronca/bellanca club's forums which required a purchase of club membership and they were kinda dead, or facebook, which is more facebook and which isn't really the best option for sharing photos and info that should be preserved for future reference (as well as making/organizing friends withing the community of users and enthusiasts :) ). having run forums sites in the past, i literally threw this together without a lot of planning and here we are.

in need of a logo i (quickly) thought about what visual cues there are that make our little group of airplanes distinctive and tried to work that into the design, quickly. the long name of the site displays in search results making it more likely someone will click our search results.

there is a shortcut, if i haven't mentioned it lately i apologize to some of the new folks, CCDforums.com will take you here. it's a convenience more than anything. but it wouldn't look good on a hat.

lastly, if i'm going to start selling hats that aren't as site specific as what's above, i'd want to ask ACA if they don't mind since words like Decathlon, Citabria, Champ, and Scout are probably commercial property. i don't know, maybe that's just me not wanting to cross a line and cause a problem.

ACA's shirts have been pretty cool, the hats, not so much. :(

EJWash

I really appreciate the goal being to attract as many folks searching for a forum that includes Champs, Citabria's, and Decathlons. IMHO it just doesn't all fit on a cap. A graphic of a Citabria on the front of the cap with maybe "CCD.com" underneath it? How about the option of an 'N' number on the back?