starmaster7
New member
Hi everyone,
Looking for my first Super D and came across a good one, albeit potentially with some odd damage history in the past. Apparently a LH window departed the aircraft in flight a few years ago and struck the fuselage/left wing underside; logbooks entries aren't very detailed but suggest that a bulkhead was broken and replaced (sounds like the bulkhead behind the baggage area) and fabric was replaced/repaired along the LH fuselage/underside of left wing. It's a little confusing to me how a window managed to damage that bulkhead, but that is what has been told to me. My question is--how serious do you think the bulkhead damage could be for future acro? Is that a critical structure point/how much digging into this would you do before a purchase?
My other question is that this aircraft just underwent major engine overhaul due to metal--while it is a good shop that did the OH, it always makes me a little nervous to fly a "new" engine; would you all wait 25-50h + new oil analysis before going further? Paying a premium for a fresh engine, so if it conked out it would be a bummer...
Thanks all for advice!
Looking for my first Super D and came across a good one, albeit potentially with some odd damage history in the past. Apparently a LH window departed the aircraft in flight a few years ago and struck the fuselage/left wing underside; logbooks entries aren't very detailed but suggest that a bulkhead was broken and replaced (sounds like the bulkhead behind the baggage area) and fabric was replaced/repaired along the LH fuselage/underside of left wing. It's a little confusing to me how a window managed to damage that bulkhead, but that is what has been told to me. My question is--how serious do you think the bulkhead damage could be for future acro? Is that a critical structure point/how much digging into this would you do before a purchase?
My other question is that this aircraft just underwent major engine overhaul due to metal--while it is a good shop that did the OH, it always makes me a little nervous to fly a "new" engine; would you all wait 25-50h + new oil analysis before going further? Paying a premium for a fresh engine, so if it conked out it would be a bummer...
Thanks all for advice!