Brakes on 1965 7ECA

aelumley

Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2023
Messages
6
Location
New Hampshire
Hello,

I'm rebuilding this aircraft and I did not take it apart so I don't know how the master cylinders (including parking brake) are all connected. I have the parts manual but it doesn't show the close up details. See picture below and these could be upside down and backwards for all I know. Also there are two available holes in the brake pedals, what goes where.

Thanks

7ECA Brakes.webp

I am making progress
N9567S.webp
 
I don't know anything about parking brakes, except that I have had enough trouble with them that I either remove them or safety wire them open. We rarely get damage; we just get dragging brakes, often diagnosed by the pilot as a tailwheel problem.

But I did a Grove conversion using compnents that look exactly like that. Just temporarily hook up the pedals and check for pressure as you push the pedal forward. Should take ten minutes.
 
Doesn't matter - just put a pedal in and check. You will see in an instant. If the brakes are not hooked up, just put your finger on the output port and feel for pressure. You do not have to put a nut on the bolt to just check - just put a pin in there. One hole on the pedal goes to the frame, the other to the master cylinder.
 
This thread might help, 7ECA but same set up I believe

 
Back
Top