Milman 7GCBC wings on Barnstormers

Bartman

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 27, 2018
Messages
4,811
Location
New Jersey, USA
Not mine, just sharing the link


MILMAN SPARS 7GCBC WINGS •$14,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • I have a set of 7GCBC covered wings and UNINSTALLED Milman spars for sale call for details• Contact Scott Snider - SNIDER FLYING SERVICE , Owner - located Turner, MT 59542
 
Last edited:
Great place to ask - so if the cost were identical, which would be structurally better - ACA or Milman?

The twin advantages of the ACA wing are the 160 hp conversion and the gross weight increase. The disadvantage is the (mandatory?) thousand hour inspection of lift strut brackets.

So is this a really good deal compared to a set of factory wings, remembering that here some assembly is required?
 
I'm not up on what the spars cost or what shipping would add to the price but undamaged GCBC wings are probably worth a few thousand as is with the old wood spars if they're complete.

Can't the lift strut attach bracket AD be dropped with the correct replacement parts?
 
We had a discussion on that a while back. A really gray area - a manufacturer cannot issue an AD, and unless it is an emergency the FAA needs to go through a section 553 rule making process. On the other hand, a type certificate must be adhered to for airworthiness. As I recall, Jack had a pretty good handle on it.

My comment was based on the value of Cub wings, which, in good condition bring more than ten grand for a pair. I figured Champ wings were similar. A new set of ACA wings are closing in on $60 grand before shipping. I think.

It is 102 degrees here - hot even with the door open.
 
Back
Top